A thermal mass flow meter measures the flow rate of a fluid by detecting changes in its thermal properties. The working principle of thermal mass flow meter is based on the fact that the amount of heat required to maintain a constant temperature of a flowing fluid is proportional to its mass flow rate.
In a typical meter, two temperature sensors are located upstream and downstream of the flowstream, and a heating element is located between them. Upstream sensors measure the fluid's temperature before it passes over the heated element, while downstream sensors measure the fluid's temperature after it passes over the heated element.
There is a change in temperature between the upstream and downstream sensors as the fluid flows over the heated element. A greater mass flow rate results in more heat being absorbed by the fluid and a smaller temperature difference between the sensors due to this temperature difference.
By measuring the temperature difference between the two sensors and knowing the power supplied to the heating element, the thermal mass flow meter can determine the mass flow rate of the fluid. This information can be used for process control, monitoring and recording, or billing purposes.
A thermal mass flowmeter is an effective instrument that applies the principle of heat conduction to detect flow. It's small size, digital nature, simple installation and precision make it highly beneficial for those in need. The sensor section consists of two reference grade platinum resistance temperature sensors which can operate with a bridge loop; one of them measures the flow temperature while the other maintains a constant temperature difference, making it capable of measuring high temperatures and pressures.
1. The real mass flow meter does not need temperature and pressure compensation for gas flow measurement, and the measurement is convenient and accurate. The mass flow rate or standard volume flow rate of the gas can be obtained.
2. With wide range ratio, it can measure gas with a flow rate as high as 100Nm/s and as low as 0.5Nm/s, which can be used for gas leak detection.
3. Good shock resistance and long service life. The sensor has no moving parts and pressure sensing parts, and is not affected by vibration on measurement accuracy.
4. Easy installation and maintenance. When site conditions permit, non-stop production installation and maintenance can be realized.
5. Digital design. Overall digital circuit measurement, accurate measurement and convenient maintenance.
6. Using RS-485 communication or HART communication can realize factory automation and integration.
For more knowledge about thermal mass flow meter, welcome to read and contact Sincerity thermal mass flow meter manufacturer
Thermal mass flowmeter works on the principle of heat conduction to determine gas mass flow. Its sensor includes two platinum RTDs: one being a velocity-sensing T1 and the other being a temperature-measuring T2. These RTDs are placed in the targeted gas, with T1 heated to a set temperature that surpasses the ambient gas temperature while T2 gauges the gas temperature changes. In case of an increase in mass flow rate, airflows carry away more heat that causes a decrease in T1's temperature. To maintain a constant temperature difference between both RTDs, it is essential to raise the heating power of T1.
Application fields of thermal mass flow meters
1 Oxygen, nitrogen, hydrogen, chlorine and multi-component gas measurement.
2 Measurement of blast furnace gas and coke oven gas.
3 Flue gas measurement.
4 Aeration and chlorine measurement in biogas, water treatment.
5 Compressed air measurement.
6 Natural gas, liquefied petroleum gas, flare gas, and other gas flow measurement.
7 Primary air and secondary air flow measurement of blast furnace in power plant.
8 Flow measurement of mine underground ventilation or exhaust system.
As a professional thermal mass flow meter manufacturer, Sincerity Group has developed over years to manufacture the Coriolis Mass Flow Meters industries. Through continuous research, development and transformation, we have become the leader of the Coriolis Mass Flow Meters industries in China.